Saturday, February 4, 2012

Altoholics of the world, unite!

Welcome to Altoholism, yet another World of Warcraft blog about the adventures of Jarsus, Oterro, Ardten, Tarbhad, Darsino and Shibti - and more. Here I intend to write about various things WoW-related. As the name implies, I like to play many different characters, but I'll probably be writing less about my specific experiences playing Blizzard's enormous MMO, and more about ideas for the direction of the game on whole.

A little background: I started playing in the fall of 2006, just as Vanilla WoW was winding down and The Burning Crusade was imminent. My main character is Jarsus, a Human Protection Paladin in the guild Infidels on Malfurion-US. My Horde main is Tarbhad, a Tauren Enhancement Shaman on Area 52-US, who also serves as the Guild Leader for Infidels in Exile - the tiny Horde branch of our guild.

We are a very casual guild, raiding one night a week, so the vast majority of my experience in the game is running pugs and leveling more alts. There are really only two things I don't do in the game, which is PvP and Healing (the former I'm just not competitive enough to find interesting and the latter I have just never been able to get a handle on.)

We're at a transitional phase in the game right now. Cataclysm has basically come to a close, and we have yet to see anything more of Mists of Pandaria than what we saw at Blizzcon last year, so until the Press Tour in March, we'll have to get by with just speculation.

No comments:

Post a Comment