Tuesday, October 9, 2012

True to the Title of the Blog...

Jarsus, the tankadin, is sitting at 90 with a decent compliment of heroic gear (still about four points shy of LFR, which opened up today,) and I am trying to run him through all the dailies to maximize rep gains (Golden Lotus is the only one that makes this feel like a burden. Tillers and Order of the Cloud Serpent feel very quick and easy, and while the Klaxxi does require a bit of time to get through them, at least it's only one phase. Golden Lotus gets longer and longer as you gain more rep. Granted, more quests means more rep per day, but I'd prefer fewer quests with greater rep rewards.)

However, I am also attempting to get my alts leveled up. At this point, Darsino, the undead rogue, is 89 and just about to go into Dread Wastes. Oterro the draenei death knight, is 87, and just about ready to head into Kun Lai. Ardten, the worgen warrior, just finished Jade Forest (which goes very quickly with rest experience) and is ready for Valley of the Four Winds at 86. Tarbhad, the tauren shaman, is just off the boat.

To level these guys up (and the others to follow - I WILL get the every class at 90 achievement,) I will need some kind of rotation. The goal: never do the same zone twice in a row, while maximizing rest experience to do it quickly.

So, the set-up requires me to get Oterro through Kun Lai and Ardten through Valley of the Four Winds. Then I will take Tarbhad through Jade Forest, and I'll have a toon at every level (several at 85.) From there, we can basically go from highest-level to lowest. Whoever's at 89 goes to 90, 88 to 89, 87 to 88, 86 to 87, 85 to 86.

The result in zones is Dread Wastes, Townlong, Kun Lai, Valley/Krasarang, Jade Forest, repeat. Never doing the same zone twice in a row.

Now, I'm not sure how strict I will hold to this. I expect that once my "central five" are at 90, I'll just be taking whoever I want through the whole continent (the warlock and the mage are prime contenders.)

Anyway, yes. I am insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment