Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Male Human Revealed!

Well, this is probably the revamp I've most been looking forward to. My main for many years (though he shares that honor now with my DK as co-mains) is a Human Paladin. The human male is most likely the first vanilla model that they ever built (that's speculation, but reasonable, I think.) It has some issues. For instance, the forearms are enormous (larger than the upper arms, actually) and there's no wrist. The face is commonly considered horrible (though with the other vanilla models, I don't really see a huge difference.) Anyway, what have they come up with?


So I think we're looking pretty good. Obviously, humans have an extra difficulty, in that, unlike the other races, we go around seeing humans pretty much every day. So naturally, we're going to be a little skeptical.


I could be wrong, but I don't think the hair is quite finished, though the update to the barbarian/hippie braids is certainly updated.

But really, for all this nitpicking, I'm so excited to see this model live and in movement. Seeing this dude strap on a pair of steampunk goggles, pick up a hammer and a shield and consecrate the Fel out of a bunch of demons will be pretty awesome.

As a side note, it's interesting to me how as our models are getting updated, it's actually making the older gear really show its age. That's fine - indeed, that's intentional. But it does mean that as much as I really want to put together a full tier 8 25-man set for my Paladin for transmog (shoulders are the only thing left!,) it's increasingly looking like it'll come off as, ironically, a little drab.

I actually hope that Blizzard designs more open-face helmets now that we're all going to be looking a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment