Thursday, November 6, 2014

One Week and One Day

Tomorrow is the beginning of Blizzcon, Blizzard's convention that serves primarily as a venue to announce new games, and other major details about existing ones. As a WoW player, the real question is what we're going to find out this year. The general idea is that Blizzard is either definitely going to announce an expansion because they absolutely have to, or they are most certainly not going to because they couldn't possibly. There are really strong arguments for both possibilities, despite being, of course, utterly contradictory. I've written plenty about the possibility of a new announcement, but I guess I'll lead toward the "no" camp because I fear that my wanting a new expansion announcement is clouding the logic of whether it actually seems likely.

Warlords of Draenor is coming very soon. We're definitely in a sort of calm before the storm right now. We got the initial pre-expansion patch with the launch event and all the system changes, but that's been out long enough that I think most players have gotten a pretty decent feel for it. They've run the preview UBRS enough and have their Iron Starlette pets. Some might still be going for their Garrosh heirlooms (which I think I'm going to decline in favor of just getting new weapons as I level)  but generally, the idea now is to keep inventories as empty as possible, maybe farm up some gold (I highly recommend soloing Wrath and Cataclysm raids as a source for that) and just generally position oneself to invade Draenor next week.

EDIT: It looks like Blizzard is pushing pretty hard on hinting toward some sort of Hearthstone expansion focusing on mechanical stuff. Swing that Eye of Azshara balance a little further toward the Hearthstone side.

No comments:

Post a Comment