Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beta Seriously Incoming

Well, apparently invites for the Mists beta are starting to go out tonight. I would imagine that only a handful of people are getting it now - I have had a continuous account since the fall of '06 and picked up the Annual Pass pretty much as soon as it was announced, so I imagine that if they are doing a "first come first served" deal, I should be getting in pretty soon.

MMO-Champion has, of course, already data-mined a ton of item icons and achievements, even if the Beta servers are still not up.

Still, given the incredibly short gap between the Press Tour and the Beta, I'm very happy to predict that we'll be getting Mists sooner than I had hoped. Given a Beta now, even if it lasts four or five months we're still going to get it in the early fall at the latest (knock on wood.)

This was clearly their plan with the Press Tour - to get us all a lot of info and pump us up for the new expansion, and then open the floodgates two days later. While my guild is only 1/8 in normal on Dragon Soul (I told you, we're super-casual) I know that most people (and actually, myself included) are chomping at the bit to get to Pandaria.

I don't really have too much to say. I'm probably going to be obsessively reloading my Battle.net page tonight to see if I got in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment