Saturday, March 16, 2013

Green Fire Part Two!

No, it's still not finished, but I'm very near the end (of course, given that the final stretch - or really the bulk of the chain - is a scenario, you'll have to repeat most of it if you step away to try later.)

The one major thing I've discovered is that Destruction has a huge advantage here, with the immense self-healing of Ember Tap and the lack of a need to Life Tap for mana.

After defeating the Essence of Order (aided greatly by the use of Ember Tap and Harvest Life) you will have to fight your way out of the room. Akama will ask you to help him rescue some people down in the basement, but your Imp shows up and has another idea - let's loot the place!

You can then gather a ton of stuff in the Den of Mortal Delights on your way to the top of the temple. You'll get a decent chunk of gold here, though it'll be hell on bag space.

After fighting your way through, you can go to the top of the temple, where you place the gem from the Essence of Order into Kanrethed's (got the name right this time) soul well. This summons him and begins what I have to imagine is the final boss fight of the scenario.

And this is where I have hit a wall for now.

The major feature of this fight is that he summons a Pit Lord, which you need to enslave in order to beat him. The guy uses a ton of different techniques and abilities, all of which are tough to deal with.

I'll give you more info when I beat it, but believe me, this is not an encounter to take lightly. It'd be nice if one could save one's progress here, but I think I've "solved" the Essence of Order fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment