Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Chapter II: Gul'dan Strikes Back

I got my last few Abrogator Stones out of Highmaul this week. With the items off the final two bosses (which are very easy to attain in LFR quite early of course,) this completes the final part of the Highmaul portion of the legendary chain (and considering that I've got all the Protection pieces and all but the Retribution necklace from LFR, I might have my main step away from LFR until Blackrock Foundry opens up.)

Spoilers to Follow:

Returning to Khadgar, the Archmage uses the stones to augment his scrying spell. He faces off against Gul'dan - who has now uncovered his doppelganget's past with the Khadgar. Gul'dan tells Khadgar that the scrying spell has worked both ways, and he sends Garona to assassinate the Archmage.

Unlike in Shadowmoon/Frostfire, Khadgar doesn't get off his Iceblock in time, and he is grievously wounded. You then take off after Garona through Zangarra, eventually getting poisoned as you pursue her into a cave, where you'll face off against her (I did this in Protection spec and had no difficulties whatsoever, though my bodyguard didn't fare as well.) After defeating Garona, you use a rune of incarceration given to you by Cordana which then allows you to capture her.

Bringing her dagger, Cordana and Jaina Proudmoore (though I imagine it might be a different character if you're Horde) come to cure Khadgar of the Fel-tainted poison. Feeling better, if still quite shaken, Khadgar augments your ring up to 690, adding a proc that I believe boosts your primary stats, and then sends you on to Blackrock Foundry, where you'll have to collect a ton of Elemental Runes to put together into tablets as well as items off the three wing bosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment