Monday, January 8, 2018

Embers, Gundyr, and Ornstein's Armor

Fighting my way up to Dragonslayer Armor, which guards the bridge between Lothric Castle and the Grand Archives (there's another you cross later to get back,) I decided that, with 42 Embers in my inventory, I might as well see if there were any hostile NPC invaders. Well, there weren't, but I did find a guy to summon and figured I might as well use that ember on my first attempt against the Dragonslayer Armor.

Holy crap did that make that fight easy. Given that I think a big part of it is that the armor has a massive shield, having someone distract it so that its back is exposed made the fight ridiculously easy. I don't know if I should count it alongside Deacons of the Deep and Yhorm the Giant as the 1-shot bosses (I did have help on Yhorm, but that was a reward for a quest chain.) Anyway, high on that victory, I looked for a summon sign in the Untended Graves.

It turns out there was an NPC invader there. Getting some nice hits in, she then fell off the cliff and I have no idea if there was loot she might have had because it all went bye-bye (I wonder if there's an in-game way to recover "lost" loot.) Anyway, I summoned the Sword Master to fight Gundyr (who had taken my like a dozen attempts) and I easily took him down (aside from one scary moment where he grabbed me and nearly flung me off the cliff.)

I got the Firekeeper's Eyes, but I'm going Lord of Hollows/Usurp the Flame ending on this character, so I'll be careful not to summon the Firekeeper at the end.

So now in the main game I just have Ancient Wyvern, the Nameless King (which I gather is very hard,) Lothric/Lorian, and the Soul of Cinder. However, I think I'm now in a good place to really push into Ariandel (I had one brief attempt when getting frustrated with Gundyr,) which I'll probably do either after getting Lothric down or perhaps getting whatever the closest shortcut to him is.

No comments:

Post a Comment