Wednesday, May 11, 2022

An Elden Lord of Stars

 Well, I wound up going with the Age of Stars ending, because, well, I think it's the coolest one (and the one I worked the hardest on).

I actually managed to down Godfrey on the first attempt - it helped that I had Nepheli Loux and my Mimic Tear, not to mention how high level I was.

The final boss was a bit tougher. I don't think I ever died to Radagon, but I did start one of my Elden Beast phases with only six crimson tear flasks left. Still, I think it was only four or five attempts to take down the Elden Beast. Seriously, if you've taken down Malenia, I don't think much else in the game can put up a fight.

The game is actually quite generous in letting you do clean-up after beating the final boss. You get a site of grace in Marika's room, and you don't actually have to pick an ending immediately. But even after you pick an ending, they put you in Roundtable Hold with the option, at the Table, to start "Journey 2."

I do think there are one or two things I missed - I never picked up Shabriri's Woe and I didn't get every Walking Mausoleum down (though I have every remembrance item that I can actually use with my build). Also, I don't know if Varré has more for you if you actually do some PvP.

I've got to say, the Dark Souls formula translated shockingly well to an open-world game, and I think this is a masterpiece. I think the difficulty is also balanced much more fairly than, say, Dark Souls 3.

I'm extremely curious to see what kind of DLC we might eventually get for this, and if I can truly sit on my finished playthrough without going to New Game Plus, I might leave him in NG for if and when the DLC comes out.

For now, though, I think this means I'm going to setting Elden Ring aside. A legendary game.

No comments:

Post a Comment