Saturday, November 9, 2013

Greetings from October!

Phew, this time machine is cramped.

Sadly, this damned thing has no windows or doors, so I can only make posts on Blogspot (really a crappy design for a time machine, if you ask me, but hey, take it up with Doc Brown.)

So, future people, you've heard all the news and all the big announcements. Unless I'm super off my mark, the newest expansion for World of Warcraft has been announced and it is called... uh...

Ok, you know what, look at whatever Present-Me wrote earlier today and you'll probably be far more filled-in than you will be reading this post. Still, come on! This is fun, it's a message from the past.

Spooky!

Anyway, now that the truth is set in stone, and we know what's coming next for WoW (well, you future people do,) I thought I'd let you guys know how Past-Us are doing in terms of speculation.

Months ago, there was a rumor born of some kind of trademark application for the name "The Dark Below." Given that we found out about Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria through trademarks, a lot of people jumped on that.

Is it the Dark Below, by the way? Come on, future people, you can tell me!

The reason why we became more skeptical of that name was that shortly thereafter, a similar application was made for "Corgis Unleashed," which...

Oh god, did they announce Corgis Unleashed?

Wait, no, don't tell me. I want that to be a surprise.

Anyway, this raised a few eyebrows and also some questions about how easy it is to fake a trademark application. The Dark Below, it seemed, was a fake (though if it isn't, just, you know... send some tachyons my way? I guess?)

Later, we heard about something called "Heroes of the Storm," which just complicated matters. Some thought that this didn't sound like a WoW expansion, but then again, the same arguments were made for Mists of Pandaria.

Is it that?

One of the prevailing theories is that "HotS" is actually a new name for the MOBA/DOTA game, Blizzard All-Stars.

So that's where we are on October 7th. With those two (three) names as possibilities, and the very real possibility that it's none of them, we're all at a bit of a loss.

Anyway, I'm going to try really hard not to break the laws of causality here, so I should probably pack it up and head back to October. Meanwhile, in November, enjoy the huge flood of news that I expect you're currently flooded with. Oh, and future me, if you want to come back to my time and chill, that'd be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment