Saturday, March 16, 2019

Midir, Nameless King, and Probably Halflight?

I'm at one of those points in Dark Souls 3 where I have three bosses to face, and I'm not sure which order to do them in.

I've got a full Ringed Knight set, which looks awesome (even if, as I'm generally going two-handed, the hood/cape kind of clips with my shield on my back.)

Midir is actually kind of two fights - he's on the side of a cliff when you first see him, and you need to knock him off while dodging his swipes and breaths (he has a fire and a laser/dark effect.) Anyway, this fight is somewhat tough but thankfully the run back is nearly instantaneous.

What's funny is that actually getting to the fight itself is a little tricky, involving false walls and jumping off elevators mid-transit. And once you get to Midir, you'll find that he's an absolute beast. Midir's hits do massive damage, and on top of that he's one of these big guys who mess with your camera if you lock on. I believe his head takes extra damage, but it might be safer to go for his legs. Not safe, of course, because of his many very nasty attacks.

So of course I'm also working on Nameless King - the last pre-DLC boss other than the Soul of Cinder I have left. Oddly I'm finding it harder to get to phase 2 than when I first started working on the fight. With my Dexterity and Strength pumped up as high as mine are (I started this character as a primarily Dex-based one, but once I hit 40 I figured I'd go for the 40/40 builds people seem to recommend) the damage I do to the King of Storms is pretty huge, but I feel like I very rarely have an opportunity to hit his head/neck (I guess I could go for the legs, but I think he has greater resistance there. Anyway, it's hard enough for me to get to phase 2 that I get little chance to learn that part.

The King of Storms phase of the fight is another camera-screwy one, which makes it hard to see the Nameless King's telegraphs while you're trying to also watch the dragon's moves.

Finally, I'm nearly certain that I've gotten to Halflight, Spear of the Church. Assuming Midir is optional (a funny term for a DLC boss) I think Halflight is the only boss standing between me and Slave Knight Gael, and thus the Blood of the Dark Soul. But I haven't even tried that one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment