Friday, June 21, 2024

...And I've Already Screwed Up an NPC Questline

 PSA: if you find a sleeping Pest creature out in the world in Shadow of the Erdtree, don't kill it. Evidently these guys an actually be friendly, and beyond that, killing them will cause Moore, the quiet, heavily-armored scavenger/vendor to invade you.

Sigh.

Shadow of the Erdtree is very impressive so far - it really feels like a vast new area of the game. It's also not as brutally difficult as I had worried - we're talking more Old Hunters here than Ringed City, and even then, maybe not quite as tough.

Case in point: I beat my first two Remembrance bosses without dying, killing each in a single attempt (with an NPC ally on each and my trusty Mimic Tear). My Scadutree Blessing is up to 5, I think, and my Revered Spirit Ash buff is at 4, so I imagine these might be very frustrating if you hadn't buffed up.

I've been trying to explore as much as I can before taking down any major bosses (I actually traversed Belurat Tower Settlement and the... er... the fortress that Rellana is in - can't recall the name - up until the boss room before facing either of them.

I'm sure I've missed a few things in each dungeon (Rellana, despite being a Remembrance boss, is in a dungeon I'd consider more of a "medium" dungeon akin to Castle Morne or Caria Manor) but the only thing that really stood out to me was that in Belurat there was a locked door down in the sewers that I couldn't get into.

For a while, I was using the Death Knight's Twinned Axes, which have a cool ash of war, but when I swapped back to my Blasphemous Blade/Gargoyle Greatsword jump-attack dual-wield combo, it just did so much more damage that I decided to go back to it until I can find a weapon that truly blows me away.

Anyway, I'm bummed that I messed up an NPC storyline, especially one who seemed pretty charming. Luckily I have a bunch of other characters to bring in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment