Monday, October 13, 2014

Garrosh Heirloom Correction

Well, good news: I got the whole thing about the Garrosh heirlooms wrong. Rather than going away, they will now be guaranteed drops, once per character per difficulty. So I suspect that there will be a whole lot of PUG raids coming up over the next month to allow people to get their heirlooms.

These heirlooms have been around since 5.4 first arrived, and they were actually the first hint that we would be getting a ten-level expansion again. When you defeat Garrosh and get an heirloom, you'll get one that is appropriate for your character's current spec (or loot spec, I would assume.) For example, I will be trying to get the two-handed axe for my Death Knight, who is primarily 2h Frost, but I think I'm going to set his loot spec to Blood, lest I wind up with a one-handed weapon instead. If I'm getting this all correct, defeating Garrosh after 6.0 hits, my first successful attempt will guarantee that I get that weapon. There is still a chance to get 90-100 heirloom weapons on subsequent victories, but after the first, it will simply choose one of them at random, meaning that I could wind up getting an agility dagger.

It looks like these guaranteed drops will be available once per difficulty, so you shouldn't worry about running Flex (which will be called Normal) first if you still want to see if you can get your hands on a Normal (which will be called Heroic) piece.

These heirloom weapons will begin at an item level equivalent to the Siege of Orgrimmar raid difficulty, plus sixteen (to compensate for the fact that other weapons could be upgraded by a void binder.) As you progress, however, the range between the different heirlooms will get narrower, until at level 100, all the heirlooms should scale to the same item level (which I think is 610, just narrowly below normal level 100 dungeon gear.)

I could be mistaken (I was last time,) but I do think that these heirlooms will become unattainable once Warlords actually comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment