Monday, June 22, 2020

MTG Arena Finally Coming to Mac in Just Three Days

Announced on Twitter, Magic: The Gathering Arena, the (relatively) new online digital platform for MtG, will be available on Macs in just a few short days.

As a lifelong Mac user (our family wasn't religious, but we stuck with Apple through the rough times before they re-hired Steve Jobs) this is a pretty big deal, as I'll finally be able to play Magic online without some sort of emulator (I played a fair amount of MTG Online in college that way, and it was laggy as hell.)

Now, having never played Arena myself, but having seen videos, I'm given to understand that it works a bit more like Hearthstone, with a relatively generous ability to acquire cards just by playing. I doubt I'll be able to carry over my collection from MTGO, though very little of that would probably be legal in more modern formats.

Still, I'm excited to actually get to play the game, which I first started playing way back in 1994 or so when I was 8 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment