Tuesday, October 20, 2020

All the Heritage Armor!

 Taking advantage of the level squish, I've now gotten my Mechagnome, Zandalari Troll, and Mag'har Orc up to level 50, which means that I have now unlocked heritage armor for every allied race.

The Mag'har Monk was the lowest-level one, sitting at I believe 72-ish before the squish, which put him in the low 30s (possibly high 20s?) when the patch came out. Given the freedom of Chromie Time, I figured I'd play time paradox and have him level through Draenor. It was also kind of fun that I was able to do the zones in a totally different order than usual - going Gorgrond (he's Blackrock, so I felt I had to do that one,) Nagrand, Frostfire Ridge, and then Spires of Arak.

I am skeptical that you can really just level up all the way through one expansion - while I wasn't clearing every side quest, I did get through most of if not the whole main story quests for each of those zones, meaning Talador would have been the only one left if I'd started from level 10.

Still, I'm not complaining, as it's totally less of a burden to hop over and do, say, Pandaria or the Broken Isles for your last little leg of the leveling journey.

One thing I did notice in doing Zandalar on my Zandalari Troll Shaman was that you don't actually get the quest to pick up the Heart of Azeroth until you hit level 50 - meaning that Azerite Armor will essentially be a completely irrelevant thing for any future character that levels through those zones. You just get normal gear for chest, shoulder, and helm slots, and... man, maybe BFA would have been a better-remembered expansion if that had been the case from the start.

This is not really the intended topic of the post, but as a tangent: I think Artifact Weapons were a lot of fun, but I also think Blizzard should consider ditching the "borrowed power" idea for future expansions. The main thing I loved about the artifacts was the story and aesthetics of them. I think that gearing, gems, and enchantments, not to mention talents, are enough to keep the game interesting. But that's just my two cents.

Anyway, Mag'har actually get three color variants on their heritage armor, with blue, black, and red representing the Frostwolves, Blackrock, and Warsong, respectively. The models are the same, but with just some different overall color schemes, though all have a very rugged, rough, orcish design.

Now, however, that this project is complete, I'm not sure what I'll be doing while we wait for the expansion. Might just take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment