Saturday, August 8, 2015

Yes, a Twelfth Character Slot Per Server is Coming to Allow for Demon Hunters

Originally, we could have ten characters per server, which worked out very well, considering there were only nine classes. The addition of Death Knights was easily worked in. In fact, in Wrath, there were ten classes and ten races, so if you wanted both factions on the same server, you could do one of each (which I did.)

New races weren't enough to add new slots, given that they're more of a cosmetic thing, but when the Monk was added, Blizzard wisely opened up a new slot so that you wouldn't have to start your Monk on a whole other server or delete an existing character and be without a certain class on that server.

And unsurprisingly, they'll be doing this again for Demon Hunters, giving us a twelfth character slot so that we can have one of each class per server.

There's no word on raising the 50 character total limit, though I think that even now, that's a rather reasonable limit (the most characters I've ever played at all seriously was like eighteen - "at all seriously" meaning leveled up beyond like 20.)

Demon Hunters, being a Hero Class, will also probably get their own character selection background, like the Death Knight. So no tranquil moonwell or suite in Lor'themar's swingers club.

I imagine fewer people will be motivated to create multiple Demon Hunters, given that there are only two specs (and dual-spec is a thing,) coupled with the fact that they're only available to one race per faction.

I'll definitely be making my primary one Alliance-side, but I'm sure I'll make a Blood Elf one as well eventually. Probably going to mainspec Vengeance, though we'll have to see how it is mechanically. I find essentially every spec in the game fun in its own way, but some (Paladin Protection, Mage Frost) I find more fun to play than others (Rogue Combat, Warlock Affliction.)

No comments:

Post a Comment