Sunday, March 13, 2022

A Recommendation for Elden Ring Progression

 So, after defeating the main boss of Leyndell, the Royal Capital, I followed the obvious route, heading to the Grand Lift of Rold and up into the Mountaintop of the Giants. And after feeling I'd really become a hardcore badass, I've hit a point where things are killing me real, real quick. I did get to Castle Sol and found the boss there, but I decided that maybe I should do some more exploring.

So, heading to the Altus Plateau, I decided to explore a bit and realized that there was a path through a big canyon that led to Mt. Gelmir.

As it turns out, the foes here are a bit more manageable. And I think that's more or less the rhythm of the game. When I first arrived in Altus Plateau, things were pretty tough, but I found that I was about the right level to clear out some stuff in Caelid, which included taking down Starscourge Radahn. My sense, then, is that even if the main quest puts you on a pretty direct line from Limgrave to Liurnia to Altus Plateau and then Mountaintop of the Giants, but it seems wise to take some detours to Caelid after Liurnia and then to Mt. Gelmir (I assume) after finishing Altus Plateau.

Now, this also includes some character-specific questlines. I did the full Ranni quest chain (and apparently skipped that of her lieutenants - Selivus, who is apparently a real creep, was just dead the second time I went to his tower). I also just did Sellen's quests, which... well, in typical Souls fashion, there's a big be careful what you wish for vibe.

Anyway, I think I'm going to try to get through the major parts of Mt. Gelmir next - I think I've found the Volcano Manor, which I believe is the legacy dungeon of that region. I also need to eventually return to Raya Lucaria as I'm almost certain I skipped parts of that dungeon.

It's a cool game, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment