Friday, March 18, 2022

And... We Broke the Game with Sorcery

 Comet Azur is a very strong sorcery in Elden Ring that is balanced by the fact that it will chew through all your FP in seconds. With a bit of a wind-up, you just channel the spell and blast in a wide, Death Star-laser-like beam that does insane damage. But, again, you're going to probably only get it to cast for a second before you run out of FP.

The Cerulean Hidden Tear is a tear you can mix into your Flask of Wondrous Physick that will, when consumed, eliminate the FP cost of all spells and abilities for 10 seconds.

I think you probably already see where this is going:

With this flask, you can cast Comet Azur for about 10 full seconds, doing insanely high damage continuously.

And I blasted down Mohg, the Lord of Blood, in about 5 seconds with it. I got enough runes to level up five times, and I was already level 107 or so. As far as I can tell, Mohg is an endgame boss - you can't even access him without beating a really tough invader in an area that requires you to have beaten another tough boss in a high-level area.

To get these two pieces, you need to head to Mt. Gelmir, where you'll find Azur near a site of grace as you climb the mountain (you might need a minimum Intelligence for you to give him his spell - this also starts Sorceress Selen's quest chain) while the Cerulean Hidden Tear can be found by fighting a world boss just beyond the Road of Iniquity site of grace.

From there, the rest of your goals are to pump up your sorcery power as much as possible. One good option is Terra Magicus, which you can get in a mini-dungeon that is accessible via a tunnel in the western side of the cliffs beneath the Academy of Raya Lucaria - you'll need two Stonesword Keys to get in, and have to fight a pair of those crystal bosses (Rock Sling I believe does blunt damage, which is good for those) and then take the elevator beyond the bosses rather than warping out of the dungeon. This spell creates an area on the ground that buffs your spell damage by about 35% while you stand in it.

Anyway, this chewed through Mohg before he could even get to me, so I think it's seriously going to be powerful for the rest of the game. However, just remember you only get one Wondrous Physick charge at a time, and bosses with cutscenes in the middle will probably interrupt the spell, so I'd save it for the final phase.

In other news, I did Fya's quest chain, which, in true Souls tradition, ends sadly, though the antagonist will not realize they're too late. It involved a boss fight that, again, I think I was over-leveled for. This, I believe, unlocks another ending for the game, though I'm going Age of Stars on my Sorcerer.

Also, with Radagon's Soreseal and one level investment in Dexterity, I can now use Moonveil, which is a pretty powerful katana with an excellent Ash of War effect - I managed to devastate the boss-rush fight toward the end of Fya's quest chain (ok, I died a couple times until I realized I could summon the Jellyfish).

No comments:

Post a Comment