Tuesday, June 18, 2019

8.2 Rise of Azshara Comes June 25th

Finally there is a release date for BFA's second major patch, which will introduce Nazjatar, Mechagon, and a slew of new features including, probably most importantly, a rework to the Heart of Azeroth.


Now, I'll be honest, I've been feeling less enthusiastic about BFA than most expansions, and I haven't played other than a little questing on my Kul Tiran Druid for a good long while.

I think it's a combination of several things, but I will say that everything coming with 8.2 looks good. The Azerite Armor system has been, to be frank, a flop, and while I imagine re-working a central expansion feature mid-expansion is going to be tough, my hope is that the new system is more engaging.

More important to me, though, I think, is that I tend to prefer when WoW goes otherworldly. Frankly, while there are certainly aspects of Kul Tiras I like, the whole continent feels a bit same-y. Indeed, some have praised the way that the zones of Kul Tiras feel more of a whole than the disparate areas of Zandalar, but I've always accepted WoW as the kind of game world where you can have, say, a blasted desert next to a swamp, and I prefer some variety.

Mechagon looks like it will scratch a particular gearhead-y itch I get when it comes to WoW, but Nazjatar is the exact kind of high-fantasy, only-explainable-by-magic environment I love to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment