Saturday, June 22, 2019

Braeden Mystreile, Eladrin Sorcerer

There was an unusually quick sign-up for my local AL games, so while my Monk is sitting pretty, newly level 5 with all the fun stuff that comes with (Extra Attack! Stunning Strike!) I might not have a place at that table (which sucks because one of my best friends is the DM,) but as a back-up I've rolled a Sorcerer at level 1 to play at the tier 1 table.

My concept: The Pretty Prince of Parties:


Anyway, he's an Eladrin (which is an elf subrace from the Feywild) Noble Wild Magic Sorcerer.

He's rolling out with Ray of Frost as his main damage cantrip (the potential extra 2 damage from Firebolt seems worth trading in for the slow effect - and for whatever reason, I've always resisted fire spells as kind of "obvious," though I've also resisted elves in the past and this is my second in a row.) Other cantrips are Minor Illusion, Mage Hand, and my favorite "wait, that can't be good, can it? Oh, wait, maybe it is" cantrip from Xanathar's: Mold Earth.

For his first two spells, he's taking Mage Armor and Chaos Bolt, because I'm leaning into his insane nature.

Flavor-wise, I think his verbal component for Mage Armor is "Time to get FANCY!" and his mage armor will take the form of an elaborate long coat, wide-brimmed hat with a long feather, and a bunch of fancy jewelry, all kind of transparent green or something.

Personality-wise, he thinks that the entire material plane is one big party, and is constantly looking for a waiter to set him up with a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment